Pages

Subscribe:

Sponsor

Give the Gift of a Healthy Smile, Save 10% to 60% on Dental Care. Visit DentalPlans.com

Labels

Monday, December 5, 2011

The BCS debacle

As a sports fan first then a Big 12 fan second, I can't help but think I have been jabbed in the eye twice.  I live in Florida surrounded by SEC fans and yes it is a good conference but the best conference, hmmmmmm maybe and then again maybe not.  I was so ticked off when number 3 was announced it actually made my stomach churn, not because I am an ate up sports fanatic but mostly because of the unfairness of the system. 

A national title game determined by votes and not the field of play.  LSU does deserve to be there by their record but Alabama was voted in...period. I don't care who you root for Ok State is getting the shaft.  If you don't believe that go tell Butler or ValP or Rhode Island they don't deserve to be in March Madness.  That is what makes March Madness the best system because of the sports drama of the little school showing up and taking it to Duke or Kentucky or North Carolina and winning the whole thing.

The best team shows up to play everyday they are asked to play.  Give these guys a chance to show what they are made of and stop cowing to the all mighty SEC.  Remember:  Utah vs Alabama in the Sugar Bowl.  No one gave Utah a prayer...let me know how that worked out for you! 

0 comments:

Post a Comment